- May 2017: Amplify students (left) are featured on Michigan Public Radio, performing spoken word poems that can be found on I am the Stars that Light Up the Midnight Sky, a collaborative album between the CYC and Triumph Music Academy students. To get a taste of the album, listen here.
- April 2017: Kristin Brace and board member Janelle Horvath talk about the Annual Story Slam (right), where Grand Rapids locals tell personal stories around the theme “You Can’t Judge a Book by It’s Cover.” Watch on Fox 17 here.
- March 2017: Brianne Carpenter discusses the importance of young artists, with other members of the Grand Rapids community, on an episode of WGVU’s Mutually Inclusive.
- May 2018: The Guardian is the official media partner of The International Congress of Youth Voices – and will publish delegates’ writing. Did we mention that two CYC students were invited to attend?
- April 2018: Learn the back story of our Amplify students’ film, Unspoken, in the culturedGR article Saying what hasn’t been said: Creative Youth Center, Noir to premiere new film
- April 2017: Find out more about the CYC’s Story Slam, a series of short, personal stories performed by local Grand Rapidians in the article “Creative Youth Center hosts Story Slam.”
- August 2016: Read about the impact of the CYC and creative writing in the article “Creative Space: How a GR Writing Center is Empowering Young Voices.”